3D printing has come to Singapore. 3D printing here in Singapore has progressed from industrial applications to widespread adaptation. 3D printing is completely different than your conventional printers that only feature flat surface. In 3D printing, that picture will suddenly come to life. Many Singaporeans are increasingly fond of 3D printing because of its feel.
3D printing can be called additive manufacturing. It is a process of creating three dimensional objects. It can be achieved by laying down materials and shape in according to your digital model. To make the printing possible, you need an industrial robot which will make everything possible. You should know that 3D printing has been around since 1980’s but due to the availability of printers commercially, it spread globally. 3D printing is used in the fields of construction, engineering, architecture, automotive, aerospace, biotechnology, fashion, food and many more.
If you want to know more about the types of 3D printing, you should read more.
- Extrusion: Extrusion uses the Fused Deposition Modelling. The materials include thermoplastics, edible materials, rubber, porcelain, silicone, metal clay, eutectic metals and many more.
- Wire: Wire uses the Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication technology. The materials cover almost any kind of metal alloy.
- Granular: Granular uses at least five technologies – Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), Electron-beam Melting (EBM), Selective Laser Melting (SLM), Selective Heat Sintering (SHS) and Selective Laser Sintering (SLS). For the DMLS and EBM, the materials include almost any kind of metal alloy. For the SLM, the materials include stainless steel, titanium alloys and aluminium. For the SHS, the materials include thermoplastic powder. For the SLS, the materials include metal powders, thermoplastics and ceramic powders.
- Laminated: Laminated uses Laminated Object Manufacturing technology. The materials include paper, plastic film and metal foil.
- Light polymerised: Light Polymerised uses Digital Light Processing technology. The material for this type of printing includes photopolymer.
- Inkjet head: Inkjet head uses Plaster-based 3d Printing technology. The material for this type of printing includes plaster.
Now you can enjoy 3D printing. You can now put realistic photos with the help of 3D printers. If you want your couple photo as your wedding topper on top of your cake, you can make it possible thanks to 3D printers. There are many shops here in Singapore featuring 3D printers. It is not hard to find.
3D printing has indeed made pictures livelier and more interesting. It is indeed a gift. A lot of Singaporeans are buying 3D printers now. If you want to join the fun, you should now avail it.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.