Many Singaporeans love to dine at hawker centres despite wide selections of restaurants around. The good news is that there myriad of hawker centres across the city-island that are committed to give their customers a different experience but sometimes we want to try something out of the ordinary.
If we want to get away from the usual char kway teows or chilli crabs, burpple.com have compiled a list of establishments worth looking and tasting. If we are curious, we can consider the following establishments:
- Ah Bong’s Italian: Italian foods are a hit here in Singapore. If we want delicious yet affordable pastas, we should head to Ah Bong’s Italian. This place serves tasty pastas along Tiong Bahru Estate. We can get the pasta for only S$6 per plate. After eating pasta, we can finish off with an extraordinary dessert.
- Ministry of Ribs: If we are craving for premium ribs, steak and burgers, we should head to Ministry of Ribs. They have branches is Pandan Garden and Dover. The centre offers meals that will guarantee satisfaction and fullness at an affordable price. For example, the restaurant’s best-seller is half Hickory Smoked Ribs is only worth S$13.90. The blend of its spices and sauces give the meat an incredible taste.
- Seasalt – The Seafood Place: There are many seafood restaurants here but what makes this restaurant out of the ordinary? Well, hey serve simple yet delightful seafood and sauces. There’s a pot of mussels with variety of sauces like garlic cream, white wine cream, blue cheese and many more. We can also order king prawns, grilled snapper, fish and chips and many more.
- Immanuel French Kitchen: French foods are not only found in French restaurants. There is a French hawker centre that offers affordable French foods. The stall is found Salut Coffee shop. The centre hopes to bring a taste of French to the masses. One of their best seller is Duck Leg Confit costs S$15.90.
- Hambaobao: Burgers are in. If we want a taste of unique yet tasty burgers, we should head to Beauty World Food Centre. They only serve five items – Ayam Buah Keluak, Classic Beef, Crispy Pork Belly, Broiled Dory Fish and Spiced Pulled Pork. Their burgers cost from S$4 to S$5.
- Beer is Food: For beer-lovers out there, they should definitely head to Beer is food. The centre features remarkable selection of specialty beers. They also offer ciders. They have at least fifty types of beers and ciders. The prices range from S$8 to S$14.
- Smith Street Taps: This is also another beer centre. Smith Street Taps is the younger sister of The Good Beer Company. It is nestled in Chinatown Complex that offers beer on tap.