You heard it thousand times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What if you are told that that is not entirely true? For people who cannot do without breakfast, it is very important but there are people who can skip it but still do better. Some people say that skipping breakfast is better than eating an unhealthy one. Would you agree?
If you are the type that cannot start the day without having breakfast, you have to know that not all foods you eat for breakfast are good and healthy for you. Remember that a healthy breakfast should include healthy fat, fiber and protein – these will give you energy all throughout the day plus it will give you a feeling of being full.
Here are some breakfast foods that you have to ignore for healthier you:
- Cereals: Through advertisements, you are told that breakfast cereals are nutritious but in fact it is not. If you look at the label, it says “contain whole grains” or “with nutrients like iron and vitamin”. In reality, breakfast cereals are processed and only contain small amount of nutrients and whole grains. Remember all are just artificial.
- Toasts topped with margarine: Toasts topped with margarine looks like a tasty and good breakfast because it does not have sugar or saturated fat but you have to remember that it also contain other unhealthy things like refined flour, little fiber and other nutrients. Margarines contain trans fats – an unhealthy choice of fat to eat.
- Waffles and pancakes: Waffles and pancakes are excellent choices for breakfasts in restaurants or at home but it can be very unhealthy. It also contains high refined flour that can lead to obesity and insulin resistance. It doesn’t end there because they are usually topped with syrup that contains corn syrup.
- Muffins: Believe it or not, muffins are not that healthy. Actually, it is just a disguise for cakes. It contains refined flour too, sugar and vegetable oils. Perhaps the healthiest ingredient there is egg but still, it can lead to obesity.
- Fruit juice: The greatest mistake that you can make is drinking fruit juice in the morning. Though it says 100% fruit juice, you cannot discount the fact that it contains sweetened sugar or fructose corn syrup which can lead to type 2 diabetes, obesity and other related diseases.
If you eat unhealthy breakfast, it will surely make you feel lethargic. In some cases, it can lead to weight gain thereby increasing your risk of chronic diseases. Do your best to provide your body with good food because everything will follow.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.