A cache of beauty tips and tricks for the morning after a crazy night out is something that every Singaporean girl should have. Check out these beauty tips that will help you cover up the effects of a rocking hard night.
- Wash off your makeup before going to bed. Even if you’re too tired and wasted to wash off your makeup, do make an effort to remove it before crawling to bed. If you don’t, it will end up smudging all over your face, which will make you look even worse the following morning. It might be tiring to do, but you’ll be glad that you did.
- Drink a glass of water before sleeping. Although it might seem futile, you’ll be amazed with what drinking just a glass of water can do before you hit the sack. Chugging down a lot of alcohol dehydrates your body and will cause hangover the following day – taking at least one glass of water will help you hydrate back and minimize the pains of a hangover.
- Prop up on an extra pillow to prevent puffy eyes. Elevating your head using a pillow will help in preventing puffy eyes. Even if you don’t feel like it, you will still look a little brighter the morning after your night out.
- Take a shower. Regardless of how tired you might feel, the best way to wake yourself up in the morning is to get straight into the shower. Alternate between cold and hot water to wake both your mind and your skin.
- Moisturize your skin. Even if you’ve already downed a glass or two of water last night, there’s a good chance your body is still not fully hydrated. Replenish the lost moisture in your skin by applying more moisturizer than you normally do, then give it time to seep into your skin before putting on any makeup.
- Keep your makeup natural. Wearing too much makeup will reveal what you did last night. Rather than covering it up, just keep things natural. Apply some tinted moisturizer, a few dabs of concealer, and lighter shades of blush and lipstick to lighten your face.
- Brighten your eyes. Tired looking eyes are an instant giveaway of partying late the previous night. Avoid this by curling your lashes and applying several coats of mascara. Brighten your eyes more by applying white eyeliner in the inner corner of your eyes.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Trust us, drinking coffee alone won’t help you get through the morning. Eat a full breakfast meal, preferably with fruits, to give your metabolism its much needed boost. Getting some food inside you will definitely make you feel and look a lot better.
With these beauty tips at hand, you can continue enjoying the Singapore nightlife without revealing it on your looks the following morning.