Perhaps every lazy Singaporean girls question is: Is it possible to shed off some pounds even if you’re not a health and fitness fanatic? Luckily, yes and you don’t have to starve yourself to do it. Losing weight can actually be as easy as changing your eating habits as well as your lifestyle.
So if this seems like an excellent idea for you, then here is a list of tips on how you can possibly shed some pounds, the lazy way.
- Cutback on your junk food intake. Eating on fast food chains is the fastest way to get your tummies full, but it’s also one of the easiest way to load your body with salt, sugar and fats. If you can’t completely avoid eating in fast foods, at least pick the healthiest meal on the menu. Most fast food chains in Singapore are now offering lighter and healthier meal options for their health-conscious customers.
- Head for the stairs. Improve your fitness and lose some weight by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. This is one of the easiest and cheapest way to lose weight, and is even quicker than waiting for an elevator.
- Get enough sleep. It might sound strange, but studies have shown that people who are not getting enough sleep are more likely to be obese. This is because we tend to unconsciously compensate our lack of sleep by eating more than our usual food intake. Prevent this by getting enough hours of sleep that you need.
- Lower your salt consumption. Too much salt in a diet not only leads to serious medical complications, but to water retention as well. Avoid these by cutting back on your salty snacks, and checking the sodium content of the foods that you’ll buy. Keeping your salt shakers at home would also help, as most foods today already have enough salt in them.
- Be conscious of your food portions. Instead of removing certain foods in your diet, try cutting them down. By reducing them in portions, you’ll hardly notice any changes in your diet, but it would make a big difference in the total number of calories that you take every day.
- Cook your own food. Eating out might be easier to do but it won’t help you in losing fat. When you cook your own food, you don’t just get to burn some calories in preparing and cooking, you’ll also know what ingredients are included in your meal.
For lazy girls, dieting is often a routine that is hard to keep up. But by gradually changing your lifestyle and eating habits, you’ll surely start shedding off some pounds. Although it won’t be that quick, you’ll more likely to keep it off.